What are Omega 3 & 6 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids?
- Essential nutrients that cannot be produced by the human body;
- this is why we must get them from food
- they support the structure of nerves and cells
- they help with the transmission of messages in the central nervous system
- they help maintain hormonal balance
- help maintain and build healthy skin structure
What good fat can do for you?
Omega 3 & 6 polyunsaturated fatty acids:
- According to the Heart and Stroke Foundation, help lower LDL cholesterol or “bad cholesterol”
- Are recognized by Health Canada for their preventative benefits in regards to cardiovascular disease, cancer and brain health
- Support optimal health of babies during pregnancy and provide for the health and physiological needs of the mom
- Studies done by the Department of Human Health and Nutritional Sciences at Guelph University, Omega 3 & 6 may help with symptoms/attributes of ADHD